Sunday, November 9, 2008

Owl Rescue


Owl Rescue
Originally uploaded by ZhenPanda

Sunday I set out with my Aunt & Cousin to Freeze out Lake to see the snow geese. We were traveling on I-15 north when I noticed an owl sitting on the shoulder of the road. He did not move when cars passed and I feared he was dead. I knew he had to be injured to be there.

My Aunt knew a wildlife rescue lady here in town so we called her and she picked him up shortly after.

We went about our trip stopping in Fairfield to visit the elk and camels; then we hung around the lake seeing very few geese. Our stomachs lead us to Choteau to the Log Cabin cafe and some yummy buffalo burgers served with "buffalo chips" (thick-cut potatoes fried up) then we headed home.
We drove to see how the owl was fairing.
He suffered a broken bone in his right wing, his right eye is gone and he appears to have a skull fracture. The prognosis is guarded at best.
I'll keep you posted.

See more photos on my flickr photostream

No comments: