Thursday, October 16, 2008

Such a waste

Many years ago we had a friend of the family who was a fun kid to hang out with. We did a lot and got into a bit of trouble...chased my sister with a snake, left her by Giant Springs because just to be mean and basically did the things kids do when they are 10 years old.

I lost track of him and my sister mentioned him the other day. Turns out at barely 18 years old he attempted to rob an older man and ended up killing him. He is currently serving 150 years for it.

My sister didn't see the sadness of it... not only did this sweet old man die for no reason whatsoever but a kid never got the chance to live his life. She only has anger towards him.

What a wasted life. He simple chose the wrong path.

The hypocrite that I am lit a candle for him.

No comments: